The Surgery is an approved training practice for the training of Year 4 Under Graduate Medical Students. Being an approved training practice means that:
- patients can directly contribute to the training of future GPs
- patients who consult with the students will have longer consultations
- it keeps all doctors and nurses keep in touch with new medical developments and skills
- It improves all doctors’ and nurses’ consultation and training skills
- It ensures that clinical standards and standards of medical record keeping are maintained
The practice will be regularly assessed for its suitability for undergraduate training in general practice. This process includes an inspection of medical records for quality, not content. If you object to your record being seen for this process then you must let us know in writing so these notes can be withdrawn.
An essential component of training in all medical practice is the use of consultations with both the student and the GP Tutor present. We hope that all our patients will be willing to take part in these educational consultations to help us all in improving and maintaining our medical and consultation skills. All consultations are strictly confidential and are used for teaching only. Please inform Reception if you would prefer not to participate.