Clinics and Services
- Chronic Disease Monitoring e.g. Respiratory Care, Diabetes, Heart Disease Etc,
- Cervical smear tests
- Family Planning Advice – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a contraceptive pill review please complete our online form.
- Travel Advice and Vaccinations
- Baby and Childhood Vaccination
- Ante Natal Care
- Chlamydia Screening
- Anti-Coagulant (INR) Monitoring
- Plus many other General Medical Services
Community Gynaecology Clinic
Community Gynaecology service is now available for St Helens GP registered adult (16 years) women. The service will deliver full assessment, advice, appropriate procedures and associated support for the range of gynaecology procedures. If your GP feels a referral to Gynaecology is needed please discuss with them if you would like to attend one of these clinics indicating your preference.
The service will provide two afternoon clinics per week delivered from Patterdale Lodge Surgery and Newholme Surgery at Lowe House Health Care Resource Centre (HCRC).
Assessment and treatment for the following conditions and more:
- Insertion / removal of IUCD for menorrhagia
- Insertion / removal of shelf / ring pessary
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Our baby/child clinic is held every Tuesday between 9:30 and 10:30. No appointment is necessary for childhood immunisations. You will be sent an appointment for your child’s six-week development health check.
The Health Visitor Team are based at Lowe House HCRC and can be contacted: Monday to Friday between 9:00 – 10:00 and 16:00 – 17:00.
Telephone: 01744 624999 for further information
The practice offers a range of family planning services, which includes, injectable and oral contraceptives and ‘the morning after pill’. These services are also available for patients who are not registered with the practice.
Cervical Smear Tests
We recommend that all women who are, or have been sexual active between the ages of 25 and 50 years have a smear test taken every three years, and every five years thereafter up to the age of 64.
The antenatal clinic is held every Thursday between 9:00 and 11:15. Please contact reception for an appointment.
If you are aged 40 years or over you are eligible for an annual health check. Checks are also available for patients, who have not seen a GP within three years. Please ask reception for details.